- Audiometric assessment for adults - audiogram, bone conduction impedance and speech audiometry if required.
- Paediatric assessments for children from 10 mths to 3 yrs - Visual Reinforcement orientation audiometry (VROA) - Puppet test for kids testing overall hearing and impedance testing as well.
- Paediatric assessment for children over 3 years of age - headphone testing using games, often called play audiometry with impedance testing.
- Tinnitus assessment - assessing frequency range of tinnitus and intensity levels.
- Hearing aid assessment - in depth discussion and explanation of which hearing aid would be most appropriate.
- Ear Plugs for musician's, Swimmers, noise and doc's proplugs. (Doc's plugs are pre-mould and excellent and non-invasive for 99% of the population).
- Rehabilitation and Hearing aid fitting - Rehabilitation is available for customers with and without hg aids. Those customers having hearing problems but not ready for hg aids can benefit from a rehabilitation session to help improve listening skills in a variety of environments.
- Speech Testing - Speech in Noise testing is available for police medical assessments and those requiring speech testing for work purposes.
- Contractor for the Office of Hearing Services Voucher scheme.
Are you concerned about the hearing of a loved one?
If a relative is showing signs of asking "I beg your pardon?" or is replying to a question incorrectly, then a hearing test may be warranted.
Hearing loss affects people of all ages but statistics show that 2/3 of the population in Australia over 65 have a significant hearing problem. An appointment for a hearing test with an Audiologist would be the first step. Please call us for further information.
Are you concerned for your child's hearing?
As a parent or Grandparent you may feel that your child/grandchild's speech may be delayed. Children from the age of birth to 5 years are on a steep learning curve and are like sponges absorbing all they can from their environment.
Fluid build up in the middle ear region can lead to Glue-ear if left untreated. A hearing assessment by an audiologist can be performed in the clinic from 10 mths of age. (needs to be corrected if your child is a premature baby). Such an assessment is an effective means of determining the hearing status of children. Please call our clinic for further details.
Are you a pensioner or DVA Gold Card holder?
If you are a full pensioner or have a Gold DVA card you are entitled to the Federal Government's Office of Hearing Services Voucher scheme. Please see the website for access to an online application form for this service. Northern Sydney Hearing is a contracted provider for the OHS Voucher scheme. Please call the clinic for further information if required.
How much do hearing aids cost?
What type of hearing aid will suit you? At Northern Sydney Hearing we explain how your hearing loss affects you in your daily life. The cost of a hearing aid is often reflected in a customer's expectation of how the hearing aid will assist them in the real world.
Prices of a hearing aid start from $1,000 for a basic model. Higher performance hearing aids assist with hearing in noisy environments & improve speech perception in a more sophisticated approach. Please contact Northern Sydney Hearing for a hearing aid assessment /consultation.